Official Murl Engine Forum

Full Version: Murl Editor
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Does Murl dev. team have some plans for editor with level editor, material editor etc.?
(19 May 2014, 0:11)erlimoen Wrote: [ -> ]Does Murl dev. team have some plans for editor with level editor, material editor etc.?

At the moment we are working on a graphical Scene Graph Editor which will allow you to create, edit and preview scene graphs and scene sub graphs. The tool will also provide a shader editor and other useful stuff. Although it looks already pretty nice, it will approximately take another 8 -12 weeks of development before we will be able to release a first version.
That will be very handy .
save me making something, though once I figure out Murl I will probably start my own just to learn all the features.
Feel free to start writing your own tools. Will probably help to learn all the features but also is a lot of work. As a teaser for our editor, here is a screenshot from the current version:

[attachment=13]
yeah they are laods of work i had started a new version of my P3D and tested many GUI lib liek FLTK and simply went with one I made using a custom 2D API that uses direct draw and a bunch of other stuff a friend made.

early versions looked like this : http://prime3deditor.yolasite.com/

i just need to see how some 3d files are loaded and such, and get used to the API .

i would like to get to this point in the attached pick , but in Murl.

the whole GUI, widgets , screen font sys and all is hand built code from scratch.
Even the quick light / dark color theme switch .
the viewer lets you have two color themes loaded, and you can flip them at run time .
it is built on the engine the scene is targeted for, so if it loads and is ok here it will be same in your game/app.

any how you get the idea.