Posted on October 10, 2016
A new Murl Engine Build 1.00.6529Beta is available for download. C++11 is enabled by default now. Android NDK has been updated to r13.
- Updated engine build for C++11/14
- Minimum target platform for iOS is now 6.0
- Minimum target platform for OSX is now 10.7
- Removed OpenMax Addon
- Build with Android NDK r13
- Updated 3rd party lua to 5.3.3
- Updated 3rd party expat to 2.2.0
- Updated 3rd party libpng to 1.6.25
- Updated 3rd party libwebp to 0.5.1
- Updated 3rd party libvorbis to 1.3.5
- Updated 3rd party jpeglib to 9b
- Updated 3rd party assimp to 3.3.1
- Updated 3rd party glsl-optimizer to latest revision
- Updated 3rd party fbxsdk to 2017.0.1
- Added Portuguese and Russian language
- Allow dynamic switching between system and outline font in
Graph::TextGeometry, and relaxed error checking
- Improved outline font rendering when alpha < 255 is used
- Allow alpha-only pixel format (A8) for system fonts to save memory (shader needed for colorizing)
- Reset error variables on
Murl::Enumgetters by default
Graph::Aligner: Treat multiple replications of an Instance child as if they were direct children, to allow for easier alignment. Set the "processInstances" attribute to false to revert to original behavior.
- Added an allocation size assertion in debug builds for 32bit platforms
Resource::CsvDictionaryresources to import dictionary resources from a given CSV file
ShaderParameter, to allow for sourcing actual default uniform values directly from a given shader node or resource
- Added normalized
SIntvertex buffer attribute types
- Removed method application supportedInterfaceOrientationsForWindow from MurlPlatformIosUikitApplicationDelegate. This method always returned UIInterfaceOrientationMaskAll, which overwrites the supported interface orientations setting from the app's plist file.
- Fixed a CPU hog problem in loader thread when main thread is busy
- Fixed a possible memory leak in
- Fixed a possible crash in
Graph::TextGeometry::IsCharacterPrintable()always returning false when using system fonts
- Fixed a crash when querying or rendering system font strings containing an incomplete UTF8 character sequence (iOS/OSX)
- iOS: Fixed a crash when the app gets started background-only
- Android: Fixed an ANR when the app receives onStop/onPause calls before rendering thread is ready (triggered e.g. by system toast messages)
Graph::Alignernot updating the layout when removing children
- Fixed const correctness for various comparison operators in different classes
Graph::Vectormultiplication operator to act component-wise.
All changes can also be found in the change log.
As always, if you encounter difficulties, find a bug or want to discuss development issues, head over to the Forum.
Don't miss out on any update,
subscribe to our newsletter.